Juvenile Justice Reinvestment Initiative, 2015 SB73 Section 11
2015 SB73 Section 11. There is hereby established a Juvenile Justice Oversight Council responsible for monitoring and reporting performance and outcome measures related to the provisions set forth in this Act.
Department of Corrections
Section 12. The oversight council shall consist of the following nineteen members:
(1) The Governor shall appoint the following six members:
(a) A representative from the Department of Corrections;
(b) A representative from the Department of Social Services;
(c) A representative who is a state's attorney;
(d) A representative from a youth care provider; and
(e) Two at large members;
(2) The Chief Justice shall appoint the following six members:
(a) A representative who is a criminal defense attorney;
(b) A representative who is a judge; and
(c) Four at large members;
(3) The majority leader of the Senate shall appoint the following three members:
(a) Two legislative members of the Senate, one from each political party; and
(b) One at large member;
(4) The majority leader of the House of Representatives shall appoint the following three members:
(a) Two legislative members of the House of Representatives, one from each political party;
(b) One member who is a county commissioner; and
(5) The attorney general shall appoint one member.
Term of Appointment:
The oversight council shall meet within ninety days following appointment and shall meet semiannually thereafter. The oversight council terminates five years after its first meeting,
unless the Legislature, by joint resolution, continues the oversight council for a specified period of time.