Chapter 38-22 of the South Dakota Codified Laws
Prevention, suppression, control, and eradication of dangerous or noxious weeds
Administered under the Department and the Secretary of Agriculture & Natural Resources. Commission retains quasijudicial,
quasi-legislative, advisory, other non-administrative and special budgetary functions.
Consists of the following members:
(1) Secretary of Agriculture & Natural Resources or his designee; (non-voting member)
(2) Dean of the college of agriculture and biological sciences of SDSU or his designee; (non-voting
(3) Secretary of Transportation or his designee;
(4) Secretary of Game, Fish, and Parks or his designee;
(5) Commissioner of School and Public Lands or his designee;
(6) Member of the State Association of county commissions;
(7) Five members appointed by the Governor.
Governor's appointees shall be selected from a list of nominees presented by the State Association of
County Weed and Pest Boards from districts - see specifics.
Term of Appointment:
Four Years. Not more than two consecutive full terms. Original appointments: Dist. I 1-yr.,
Dist. II 2-yr., Dist. III 3-yr., Dist. IV 4-yr.
Frequency of Meetings:
The Weed and Pest Control Commission meets as needed, but typically 3 times a year.
Are Members Allowed to Call into Meetings: